Actrix Topics Home
Why is Actrix of Interest?
- It represents another company's approach to substantially similar market
territory that Visio addresses.
- With far fewer end users than Visio, and a daunting Visio lead to overcome
in that area, Actrix is more dependent on their drawing environment being
adopted as a development environment by solution developers. Hence a
larger fraction of their attention is directed at developer-oriented features.
- So the differences in Actrix's object model, event handling, and so on,
present an interesting alternative approach. Of some note: for better or
worse, Actrix includes finer-grained events than Visio, for example KeyPress
Why is Actrix Probably Not Interesting Any More?
- Because it has been discontinued
- Actrix Home Page at Autodesk No longer available
- Actrix Newsgroups at Autodesk: No longer available, though
Google Groups still returns hits from old messages. Newsgroups
- Actrix Technical Developer's Guide. Also no longer available,
and anybody looking for it is probably on a "three hour cruise" (see
Gilligan's Island :-)
Article Created: 2000-08-24 Last edit: Last edit: